Sunday 9 June 2013

Sunday, June 9th 2013

Hi all! :D
The next chapter's up! :)

Here's the preview:

“Is Padfoot- I mean, is he – Sirius - okay?”

“How am I supposed to know?” she asked.

“Dunno,” he muttered. “Sorry.” He stared at his hands for a long time, his face unreadable again. When he did look up, Petunia couldn’t meet his eyes properly; she kept her gaze fixed on his nose and hoped he wouldn’t notice. “So have you- I mean, are you here to take me away?” It didn’t escape her notice that the boy had said ‘away’ and not said ‘home’, or that his jaw was set, the way she’d seen his father’s set once.

“I think it’s best if I handle him alone,” Petunia said. The pink woman frowned, but didn’t argue. She marched out and Snape swept after her. The door closed, and Harry and Petunia sat in silence.

“Well?” Harry asked, not impolitely.

“No.”

“You- you aren’t-”

“I’m not taking you home with me,” Petunia told him, and Harry looked surprised, upset and relieved all at once. Relieved. Were we really that terrible to you? It wasn’t really a question that needed an answer.

Harry took another few moments to process her response and then said, “So why are you here?”


I'll be interested to hear what you think. :)
Until next time. :)
MarauderLover7.

No comments:

Post a Comment