Saturday 18 August 2012

Saturday August 18th, 2012

Hi everyone! :D
I finished this weekend's homework much sooner than I expected and I've had a little bit of writing time...
My latest story is called "Monsters Lit By Moonlight". It's only a thousand or so words but I hope you enjoy it. As usual, the link is there on the right. :)

Here's an excerpt:

The wind blew gently, ruffling Remus’ hair like Daddy did sometimes and the leaves on the tree whispered. The gate creaked too. Remus tucked the book under his arm and lifted Daddy’s wand again so that he could see where he was going. The gate creaked again but this time, the wind hadn’t blown. Remus frowned and looked over. Something big was moving.

At first he thought it was a dog. A big, grey dog that was smiling at him. Then he knew he hadn’t seen a dog that big before and decided it must be a wolf; he and Mummy and Daddy lived right next to Hurtwood forest and wild animals wandered into their garden all the time; a family of deer had come to eat their grass while Remus had been reading that afternoon.
“Shoo,” he told it, waving Daddy’s wand.

That's all for now. :)
MarauderLover7.

2 comments:

  1. hsdksf that is adorable! And terrifying, and so on but it's so sweet - I love it :3
    - LittleEllehammer x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it! :D I felt like it was one of the most ominous things I've written; I was getting shivers, just because I knew where it was going and I felt bad for putting him through it. :S I had a lot of fun with the four-year-old perspective, though. It was a bit different, which was nice. :)
      Thank you so much for the comment!
      MarauderLover7.

      Delete