Saturday 11 August 2012

Saturday August 11th, 2012

Hi everyone! :)
Things have been rather busy lately, so the blog's been a bit neglected, but I'm back in business at the moment:

Firstly, I've been so stressed with schoolwork lately that I've been writing to keep myself calm. This means I've made quite a bit of progress on "Innocent", though it still won't be up until November-ish. I've also been working on another story, named "Brothers" and that one is another Short Story - about 14000 words, which I've just finished - my teachers seem to have taken pity on me and didn't give me much homework this weekend. :D The link to "Brothers" is on the right-hand-side with the rest of my stories. :)

For those that are interested, here's an excerpt from "Brothers":

“Sirius-”

“Come with me,” Sirius said. He focused on the incantation for a Permanent Sticking Charm and waved his wand in a loop around the room. I hope they like my Gryffindor banners, he thought vehemently. He glanced with a little pang at the photograph of him and the Marauders which was now stuck there for eternity but decided it was better there; he’d have the real thing, now, and Mother and Father would have a constant reminder that he was happy with the people they despised. “You don’t belong here either, Reg. It’ll be you next. They’ll make you join.”

“Sirius I can’t,” Regulus said. “Please, don’t make me choose.”

“That’s more than Father ever gave me,” Sirius said coolly.

“They’d be without an heir.”

“They don’t deserve one.”

“I can’t,” Regulus said. “And I won’t. I’m not asking you to change your mind. It’s past that, but I will ask you to respect my decision. We can still be brothers after this.”


In other news, thank you very much to those who voted in the "IF YOU COULD SAVE ONE HARRY POTTER CHARACTER, WHO WOULD IT BE?poll.
Results were fairly conclusive - you'd most like to save SIRIUS BLACK, though REMUS LUPIN was an extremely close second. Very interesting... I couldn't get the polls to work so there isn't one up at the moment, but there will be in the near future. :)

It's a long entry today, but it has been a while... :P
Bye for the next week or so!
MarauderLover7.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT. Or, well it's not nice to read about Sirius being punished THAT way but you get what I mean ^^ I especially like how you portrayed James parents. They seem so lovely, wouldn't mind hearing more about them in another story.
    Keep up the good work!
    - LittleEllehammer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Yay! :D I found that section really hard to write - being treated like that by a Death Eater is one thing, but by a parent, even a parent like Orion Black, was really difficult. I had a lot of fun with James' parents. They didn't get much mention in "White Flags", but you got to see Sirius and James' grief a fair bit, and I thought including them in "Brothers" was a good way to show why they were so missed. :S I may well do that. :)
      Thank you for the comment!
      MarauderLover7.

      Delete